PCB Circular Economy Theme Area
Master the business cycle using context to create the industry’s highest economic value
- The flow chart of the current resources invested in each manufacturing process of the PCB industry and the disposal of discarded sources generated.
- The development blueprint of the PCB industry’s circular economy strategy and the key summary briefing file.
- Don’t miss the other exciting topics. You’re welcome to visit us onsite!
The PCB industry’s “Circular Economy” project description reference
- Area: To build a developmental blueprint of the circular economy strategy for the PCB industry primarily based on the Taiwanese PCB industry, using the PCB industry in mainland China and Japan as a supplement.
- Product category: Focusing on the manufacturing process of general rigid PCBs, while the flexible PCBs are supplemented with different processes.
- Wastes: The current inventory survey focuses on the discharge and flow of solid wastes, wastewater (effluent) and waste gases. In addition to solid wastes, waste gases and wastewater (effluent), the strategic development blueprint also covers the strategic proposal on water treatment and energy use (energy conservation, renewable energy).
- The development of the PCB industry needs to consider the investment on various resources (raw materials, waterpower, electricity, etc.) and waste disposal requirements (recycling/discharge). In the past, the linear economic development model was responsible for the gradual depletion of resources as well as the generation of environmental hazards. The circular economy development model can reduce the abuse and harm caused to the earth’s resources while creating additional economic value through recycling, reusing and remanufacturing.
- Understand the material resources invested in the current manufacturing processes of the PCB industry, as well as the disposal methods, flow directions, major disposal manufacturers, and laws and regulations of the various waste sources generated (waste materials, wastewater, waste gas, chemical effluent).
- Plan a PCB recycling economy industry sample that may evolve in the future PCB industry, based on the requirements of laws and regulations, customer product design, etc.
Benefits to Taiwan’s PCB Industry
- Master the current status of resource use and emissions/recycling of the PCB industry and propose feasible suggestions to improve the efficiency of their implementation.
- Understand the impact that the manufacturers will face and the potential business opportunities in the future of the PCB industry under the developmental trend of the circular economy, thereby helping them to pre-plan the layout.
Detailed information will be updated on this webpage.
PCB A-Team Smart Manufacturing Pavilions
In order to win the next generation competition in electronic products, PCB industry has been deployed in Industry 4.0 and smart manufacturing applications. In 2017, the government has supported to establish PCB Smart Manufacturing Alliance (A-Team) with one standard (PCBECI) and two platforms (Smart Manufacturing Technology Platform + Solution Service Platform) for the application and case of smart manufacturing. Up till now, some fields have already achieved stage results.
In TPCA Show, A-Team partners (ITRI, III, Advantech, Symtek Automation Asia) will display their solutions, and alliance PCB shops are invited to share their experience in the smart manufacturing forum.
The World Electronic Circuits Council(WECC) is a strategic partnership formed in 1998 by the major trade organizations serving member companies in the global electronic circuits industry. TPCA is one of their members and other member associations are CPCA, EIPC, IPC, IPCA, ELCINA, JPCA, KPCA and HKPCA. We cooperate on standards, market research marketing, resource development, environmental issues, world trade and economic affairs.